Position: Manager of Finance and Administration
The Manager of Finance & Administration executes the objectives set by the Chief Financial Officer in support of the organization’s mission and strategies as follows:
- Implementing and tracking the annual budget
- Managing and implementing financial processes and related risk controls as determined by the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance Committee, ensuring compliance with FASB and GAAP
- Implements and manages systems and data maintenance related to bookkeeping, financial audit reporting, project / workflow management, and other projects as assigned
Department: Finance and Administration Department
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-time Salaried Exempt, 40 hours per week with occasional evenings/weekends as needed
Salary: Mid-Level, Non-Supervisory Position – $39,000-$43,000 range
Benefits: Urban Gateways provides group health insurance with choices between HMO and PPO, Dental insurance, Life insurance, Long-term Disability, optional employee-paid Vision, an employee contributed medical Flexible Savings Account (FSA) option, and an employee contributed 401K retirement plan. Urban Gateways also has an Unlimited Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy.
- Executes all Accounts Payable processing including bi-monthly payments to independent contractors.
- Implements and oversees cross-departmental tools and processes for financial reporting
- Reconciles company credit cards on a monthly basis
- Provides management with reports as requested and prepares materials for Finance Committee meeting
- Contributes to financial forecasting and cash flow management
- Implements financial policies and procedures in accordance with directives from the Chief Financial Officer
- Maintains the financial accounting system, and troubleshoots and implements updates and changes as needed
- Accesses Salesforce reports and dashboards to monitor programmatic engagements and related revenue streams to audit against the accounting system
- Generates and updates financial reports based on specific requests from all departments to enable insights into history and patterns and to provide resources
- Manages issuing and updating of staff credit cards
- Participates in team meetings and task forces as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ongoing Professional Development
- Seeks out opportunities to expand knowledge and experience within all the systems utilized at Urban Gateways (Intacct, Divvy, Salesforce and more)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, minimum of three (3) years of experience in non-profit work
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Accounting software system experience a plus (Sage / Intacct)
- Highly organized and analytical with a deep understanding of the organization’s mission and strategies
- Knowledge of non-profit programs in various settings including school and community-based work
- Detail-oriented; self-motivated; ability to manage numerous tasks and projects while maintaining positive attitude and demeanor; critical thinking and decision-making skills; must be a team player
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps and possess the ability to embrace and adapt to new systems quickly
- Strong skills in logistical organization; accuracy is paramount
- Background in the arts desirable, but not necessary; passion for the arts essential
- Background check and COVID-19 vaccination required for employment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Finance & Administration as the subject line. For best consideration, please apply by April 1, 2022. We will make every effort to accommodate candidates’ schedules and needs in all parts of the hiring process.
The Urban Gateways staff is currently fully remote until further notice. The ideal candidate will reside in the Chicago area for meetings and events as needed and in accordance with current COVID-19 safety protocols.
About Urban Gateways
Urban Gateways is celebrating 60 years as a catalyst for creative youth voices in our city through multiple initiatives built with a broad network of local and national partnerships. Our mission is to: Engage young people in arts experiences to inspire creativity and impact social change.
The team at Urban Gateways works to overcome social and economic barriers for youth to access Chicago’s artistic and cultural vitality, fostering a more creative and artistically responsive society. Urban Gateways was founded in 1961 to connect youth to the city’s many arts and culture institutions as a vital tool for personal growth and expanded opportunities. Through a range of initiatives, young people acquire and refine artistic skills, demonstrate their talents, engage in critical thinking, explore new possibilities, and contribute to the civic discourse of our community. Urban Gateways works across the metro area and in nearly every Chicago ward, with concentrated efforts in South and West side communities. The organization conducts Arts Education, Creative Youth Development, and Civic Engagement initiatives that reach nearly 100,000 youth across 250 locations annually.
Urban Gateways offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges before us. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels of the population we serve. Urban Gateways is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusivity. Individuals from groups whose voices are not traditionally represented in arts education spaces are particularly encouraged to apply.