Urban Gateways engages young people in arts experiences to inspire creativity and impact social change. We work to overcome social and economic barriers for youth to access Chicago’s artistic and cultural vitality. Our vision is a creative and artistically responsive society.
Our programs are delivered by experienced professional artists and staff who guide program participants through music, dance, theater, digital media, literary, and visual arts experiences – engaging young people, their teachers, families, and communities with the power of creativity and the arts. We reach over 80,000 young people across about 250 locations annually. Programs are 100% free to participants.
The Urban Gateways Associate Board’s mission is to promote and support Urban Gateways’ efforts to offer arts education programs to all young people, while also promoting Urban Gateways artists and local artists/institutions.’
The Associate Board supports Urban Gateways arts programs through event-based fundraising activities. Members have the unique opportunity to advocate the work of Urban Gateways to a fresh, diverse, and young constituency, enhance existing fundraising efforts, and cultivate future organizational leadership. The Associate Board welcomes people of all backgrounds and income brackets.
Upcoming Associate Board Events
Fall Happy Hour
Wednesday, September 25, 6-8pm
Sidebar Grille, 221 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL
Fall is official, so enjoy the warmth while it lingers and join the Urban Gateways Associate Board at Sidebar Grille. Your Happy Hour ticket includes beer, wine, Moscow mules, appetizers – and of course, all proceeds support a great cause: Urban Gateways arts programs for young people in Chicago. See you Wednesday, September 25!
Friday, November 22, 6-9pm
Cava Room at Moe’s Cantina River North, 155 W Kinzie St
The Urban Gateways Associate Board’s swanky annual signature event featuring live performances, food, drink, and a silent auction. All proceeds support arts programs for young Chicagoans. Save the date to #partyforacause!
Why Join The Associate Board?
- To meet other Chicagoans that prioritize the arts, arts participation, and art-making.
- To support the mission of Urban Gateways: Urban Gateways engages young people in arts experiences to inspire creativity and impact social change.
- To help raise the profile of Urban Gateways through event-based fundraising.
- To grow or develop skills in nonprofit administration, arts advocacy, event planning, and/or fundraising.
Social Networking Opportunities
The Urban Gateways Associate Board provides Chicago’s professionals who are interested in the arts with opportunities to network amongst their peers at art-focused events and in support of arts education.
- Associate Board Signature Event(s)
- Urban Gateways Performances
- Gallery Showings / Private Tours
- Urban Gateways Art for All Gala
- Complimentary Tickets to Chicago Art Events
- Networking with Urban Gateways’ governing Board of Directors
Pictured: Performance by Urban Gateways touring group Be the Groove at Artini 2018. Check out more photos from the Associate Board’s signature Artini event right here.