If you’re ready to help us build the TAP Teen Council, please fill out the short application HERE!
Teen Council Roles and Responsibilities
Teen Arts Pass (TAP) gives young people ages 13-19 $5 access to dance, music, and theater performances across the Chicago area.
As we prepare to launch in May 2018, we’re looking for young people to serve on TAP’s very first teen council to help inform the program and keep it accountable to teens. This group will meet every other Tuesday evening and will be actively involved in getting the program off the ground- this means everything from planning teen-focused events, to spreading the word and going to see live performances. Snacks and stipends are included!
If you are passionate about the arts, looking for a leadership opportunity, and excited about the idea of helping shape a city-wide program that will impact thousands of teens and strengthen the arts community, then this is the group for you!
Nuts and Bolts:
- Meetings will take place every other Tuesday late October through June from 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Council members should be between 13-19 years old
- A stipend will be provided
- In year one, the teen council will specifically help with the following tasks:
- Try out the program before is launches
- Assist with teen registration efforts
- Help plan TAP Launch Events
- Report back after seeing shows
- Create promotional materials (videos, interviews, social media posts, etc.)
- Plan teen nights
- Establish process for selecting new arts partners
- Take on other responsibilities and passion projects that align with goals of TAP
Teens interested in serving on TAP teen council must:
- Be interested in live performance (dance, theater, classical music, opera, etc.)
- Be open to the unknown! As a new program and new teen council there will be lots of collective learning
- Attend 75% of meetings
- Attend at least 6 live performances offered through TAP over the course of the year
- Serve as a representative for TAP at one registration event
- Be an ambassador for the program in own community
- Love snacks