WHAT WE DO
Urban Gateways delivers high-quality arts programs led by trained and experienced professional artists in music, dance, theater, literary arts, visual arts, and digital media to engage youth in grades pre-K through 12, their teachers, families, and communities. Urban Gateways teaching artists collaborate with school teachers, administrators and art specialists to develop and deliver engaging, integrated curricula for all types of learners.
- Artist Residencies
- Touring Performances (Assemblies)
- Family & Community Workshops
- Professional Development for Educators
Find out how Urban Gateways can help the young people in your school and/or community achieve artistic and academic success. Contact Community Partnerships Manager Albert Cooper at 312-922-0440 ext. 2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
URBAN GATEWAYS' IMPACT
We believe arts education is an essential component of a well-rounded curriculum and healthy childhood development. To that end, Urban Gateways engages Chicago’s youth in arts experiences that:
- Improve artistic and academic achievement by aligning with Illinois State Learning Standards including Common Core.
- Increase student engagement in learning
- Build essential skills such as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and innovation
- Raise young people’s self-esteem and confidence necessary to succeed