The Finance & Operations Associate is a part-time position reporting to the Finance Manager. This position processes accounts receivable transactions, provides support in contracting program sites, supports the collection of program revenue, and other financial tasks as assigned. This person also works collaboratively with and as an important member of the staff to advance the organization’s strategic plan during this exciting chapter in its history.
- Generate and distribute sales invoices, reconcile accounts receivable monthly
- Prepare and process Model Task Order Forms and other business forms as required
- Ensure that Purchase Orders or other revenue verification are received from Program Partners prior to start of the program
- Follow up with program partners to collect on open invoices on a monthly basis
- Work collaboratively with all departments to gain an understanding of data reporting needs, timing, and structure and assist with this data reporting
- Generate and update finance reports based on specific requests from all departments
- Support the gathering of data to complete the Data Arts survey and all other external data gathering processes as assigned
- Support business systems technology including email, shared drives, Dropbox, networking, and any other software systems as assigned
- Act as a point-of-contact for service calls and external repair services for all business systems as needed
- Participate in on-boarding new staff in setup and orientation for assigned business systems
- Participate in team meetings and task forces as assigned to aid the creation, refinement, and adoption of business systems and internal workflows
- Perform other operations-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, minimum of two (2) years experience in non-profit work
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Accounting software system experience a plus
- Highly organized and analytical with a deep understanding of the organization’s mission and strategies
- Knowledge of non-profit programs in various settings including school and community-based work
- Detail-oriented; self-motivated; ability to manage numerous tasks and projects while maintaining positive attitude and demeanor; critical thinking and decision making skills; must be a team player
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Technical proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
- Strong skills in logistical organization
- Background in the arts desirable, but not necessary; passion for the arts essential.
Hours are flexible, approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Finance Manager Karl Saffran at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.