Title: Development Intern
Reports to: Director of Development
Length of Internship: To begin ASAP. Total length determined by selected intern and supervisor.
Hours: 12 or more hours per week with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Unpaid, but college credit available.
Wonderful opportunity to join one of Chicago’s premier arts education organizations that annually serves thousands of school children, educators, and families in the Chicago metro area. As a national leader in its field, Urban Gateways has provided the highest quality arts learning experiences to Chicago-area youth for over 50 years. We believe that all children deserve equal access to the arts.
The successful candidate will share our vision and bring their own blend of creativity, enthusiasm, and solid organizational skills to our dynamic organization.
- Work closely with Development team to support all fundraising efforts
- Assist with recognition for individual donations
- Assist with Raiser’s Edge data base maintenance
- Serve as support staff for cultivation events, special events, and other development activities
- Help write and edit development & marketing materials when needed
- Assist with development-related mailings (for appeals, event invitations, etc.)
- Assist Grants Manager by prospecting and compiling grants
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree OR substantial progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Examples: Public Relations, English, Journalism, Communications and/or Nonprofit, Organizational or Arts Management)
- A demonstrated interest in the arts and/or education
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills with people of all backgrounds and experiences
- Detailed oriented; ability to manage numerous tasks and projects while maintaining a positive attitude and cool demeanor; must be a team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office and publishing applications, the internet and standard database applications
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Sherre Cullen, email@example.com.