The Urban Gateways Associate Board’s mission is to promote and support Urban Gateways’ efforts to provide arts education programs to all children, despite race or economic class, while also promoting Urban Gateways artists and local artists/institutions.
The Associate Board supports Urban Gateways arts programs through event-based fundraising activities. Members have the unique opportunity to advocate the work of Urban Gateways to a fresh, diverse, and young constituency, enhance existing fundraising efforts, and cultivate future organizational leadership. The Associate Board welcomes people of all backgrounds and income brackets.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Interest in collaborating with other Chicagoans that prioritize the arts, arts participation, and art making.
- Support and share the mission of Urban Gateways: To educate and inspire young people by delivering high-quality, accessible arts experiences that advance personal and academic growth.
- Attend at least half of the quarterly board meetings
- Pay annual dues of $100
- Promote and sell tickets to social and fundraising events
- Serve on at least one Associate Board Committee (see below for details)
Associate Board Committees
- Events Committee: Responsible for the planning of social and networking outings and fundraising events. This includes logistics of event planning such as finding venues, soliciting donations, sponsorship, or in-kind support, as well as silent auction and raffle prize procurement. It also includes establishing volunteer duties and day-of assignments during events.
- Marketing Committee: Responsible for overseeing publicity and communications for the Associate Board and related events, including but not limited to fliers, social media posts, press releases, event listings, and other promotional materials.
- Membership Committee: Responsible for email newsletters, keeping an updated member directory, establishing and implementing an on-boarding process for new members, identification and recruitment of new members, as well as ensuring all members are meeting membership requirements (dues payments, meeting attendance, give-/get requirements, etc).
Associate Board Happy Hour & Fundraiser
Thursday, May 12 @ Bull & Bear
A casual mixer to help fund an in-school touring performance.
Associate Board Launch Party
Tuesday, June 7 @ Soho House
Formal recruitment event at a swanky venue – drinks, appetizers, entertainment!
White Sox Game Fundraiser
Sunday, July 10 @ U.S. Cellular Field
A day at the ballpark in support of Urban Gateways programs.
Rooftop Happy Hour
Tuesday, August 9 @ Citizen Bar
Summertime rooftop fun for a great cause!
Friday, November 18 @ Parliament
The Associate Board’s annual signature event featuring cocktails, food, performances, silent auction, a swanky venue…and much more!